Make decorative flowers for your home using cotton buds
When looking for the latest interior design ideas, it can be quite difficult to find something nice and special that you can easily make at home. But every so often, amazing interior design trends come along that you can easily do yourself: Cotten ear bud flowers in any color you wish. It's this easy:
- 1 foam ball
- 1 wooden skewer
- Paper band
- Dye of your choice
1. First, you cut the Q-tips through the middle. This is a job that young kids can do easily.
2. Now take the skewer and create lots of holes in the foam ball, leaving spaces between them as you go. By using the skewer, it is easier to press holes than with the Q-tips.
3. Now you put the Q-tips inside the holes with the cotton part facing outward. Leave a hole for the skewer so that you can hold the flower later on.
4. Now we have to dye the Q-tips: take a bowl of water and add some dye to it. Be sure to look at the packaging of the dye to check that you use the right proportions.
5. Then add the white flowers and turn them carefully in the water. The Q-tips will absorb the dye and get color.
6. Finally, put the freshly dyed flowers into a vase so that they can dry before you set them out as decoration.
If you want to go over the steps again, you can see the whole process in this video:
These amazing cotton ear bud flowers are not just a one-of-a-kind interior design idea, they are also an inexpensive alternative to what you can find at stores. You can easily make these beautiful flowers in any color you like and ensure that they fit well with the rest of your apartment. Give it a try!