20 workers who couldn’t care less about occupational health and safety
Safety comes first! Well, at least it should. Occupational health and safety is concerned with the prevention of workplace accidents as well as the health and welfare of people at work. This is the theory. In practice, it turns out that sometimes the whole notion of health and safety gets thrown right out of the window — quite literally!
The following 20 pictures show some hair-raising moments in addition to some rather amusing examples of workers who really didn't take their own safety seriously.
1. All's well that ends well. The couch seems to have survived the fall. Whether the two men on the receiving end came away equally unscathed — that we'll never know!
2. It's tricky to figure out what's actually going on here. Is he trying to clean the window above him or the facade or is he just trying to enjoy the view?
3. No harness and barefoot — recipe for disaster perhaps?!
4. Window cleaners and painters are among the most fearless individuals on this planet.
5. Never occurred to him to put the shovel in the chipper instead of his foot?
6. Who needs a ladder?
7. Let's hope his sweater was a well-manufactured product. His life literally depends on it!
8. Crazy trust exercise.
9. Adequate safety goggles are crucial when undertaking one of the riskiest activities on a construction site.
10. Even better.
11. Goggles are a must but footwear is superfluous.
12. Quite ironic really.
13. Cheerleading skills were a prerequisite for this job!
14. Every good gardener should own a crane.
15. How is this even physically possible?
16. A very conscientious employee.
17. He wouldn't want a breeze to suddenly blow the door shut!
18. One forklift truck per floor.
19. Has he forgotten what he leaned his ladder up against?
20. Who has the worst end of the deal here?
There's definitely a a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Let's just hope for all these people, these photos show the former and not the latter!