3 ideas: Chic ways to wrap your Christmas gifts
Christmas time is time for gifts! You put so much thought into getting the right gift, why not do the same when it comes to wrapping it? Instead of simply covering your present in paper, we suggest you try the following three sweet gift wrap ideas:
1. Small boxes
- colored paper
- an old CD
- a pencil
- a ruler
- Draw around the CD on the paper of your choice, then use the ruler to draw a cross in the middle of the circle.
- In the upper right quarter of the circle, lay the CD back down on the paper so it touches two of the points of the cross. Draw round it again and draw a cross in the second circle.
- In every remaining quarter, use the CD to draw a curved line between the points of the cross. You should end up with diamond shapes in both circles.
- Cut along the edge of the overlapping circles, and then fold the paper in along all the curved lines inside them. This creates a little box for your gifts that you can tie closed with a ribbon.
2. Bags with ribbon
- colored paper
- glue stick
- In order to create these bags that can be tied with pretty ribbon, it's best to carefully watch the video again, so you can see exactly where to fold the paper and how to stick it in place.
3. Teddy bear
- brown paper
- adhesive tape
- a glue stick
- a sharpie
- pink and white paper
- Wrap the gift in the brown paper.
- From the same paper, cut two ears and four paws, as well as a nose from the white paper and little cheek flushes from the pink paper. Stick them all in the right places on the front of the gift.
- Use the sharpie to draw on the eyes, nose and mouth. Finally, tie a beautiful bow around your bear's neck.
With these methods, the wrapping isn't just a stylish accessory, but as a result of all your hard work, it's also a part of the gift itself. It's almost a shame the presents have to be unwrapped!