Upcycle Your Plastic Bottles Into A Christmas Advent Calendar
Do you miss the advent calendars of your childhood? Do you want to create something really unique this Christmas? This DIY advent calendar marks all the boxes, plus it lets you upcycle all the plastic bottles you have lying around!
- 25 plastic bottles
- box cutter
- white spray paint
- acrylic paint
- 25 red drawstring jewelry pouches
- hot glue
- 25 white pipe cleaners
- candy & treats for the bottles
- decorative numbers (1-25)
1. Cut off the upper part of the plastic bottles and spray paint the lower part white.
2. Paint a different face on each white bottle.
3. Cut off the lower third of the 25 red drawstring jewelry pouches.
4. Spread hot glue below the cut edge of the white bottles and stick a cut red jewelry pouch on each one. Make sure the side with the drawstring cord is on top. Tie a white pipe cleaner around the bottom of each pouch.
5. Fill the bottles with candy and pull the drawstring cords shut. Stick decorative numbers on each bottle and you have a special treat for each day of December leading up to Christmas.
Forget the 12 days of Christmas – with this creative advent calendar, you can have 25!