Make A DIY Concrete Vase For A Natural Touch
Living room furniture isn't just for practical use, as it's also one way we can express our character. The decoration of our homes is as individual as we are. It would be terrible if we all had to live in identical, standardized apartments. In order to give your home that added personal touch, you can also make your own furnishings, like these concrete vases, for example. All you need is two items of plastic packaging to get the right shape!
- a plastic bottle with a large opening
- 25 oz craft cement
- a funnel
- 4 fl oz water
- vegetable oil
- a vitamin tablet tube
- Scotch tape
1. Use the funnel to fill the bottle with the craft cement and add the water. Close the lid and shake the bottle and its contents thoroughly.
2. Next, cover the tablet tube with vegetable oil to stop it becoming stuck, and place it in the cement-filled bottle.
3. Fix the tube inside the bottle using tape and pat the air out out of the cement. Then leave it all to dry for 24 hours.
4. Take off the Scotch Tape and remove the plastic from the cement. The best way to do this is to cut the bottle carefully with a knife. Next, pull the tablet tube out and lay it to one side — you'll need it again shortly.
5. Decorate your concrete vase by painting it however you like.
6. Cut the tablet tube into two pieces and insert the bottom piece back in the vase, with the opening facing upwards.
7. With that, your vase is complete! You can use it as a flower vase by filling the tablet tube with water and placing a few flowers inside.
Without water, the vase also makes an excellent candle holder!
Painted in blocks of color, or with a nice pattern, the choice is yours! You could even try for a matching set, or let your creativity run wild and do something a little bit different each time. Just remember, express yourself!