Treat Your Pet With Customized DIY Shrinky Dinks
Want to jazz up your dog's collar with a personalized pendant? Or do you want to keep a homemade picture of your dog close to your heart and always nearby? Thanks to these personalized shrinky dinks, you can easily make your own charms!
- plastic takeout lid (pay attention to the recycling code number — this method works best with 2 and 6)
- waterproof and heat-resistant felt-tip pens
- hole punch
1. Cut the edge off a clean plastic lid to get a flat, solid piece.
2. Trace a photo on the plastic or draw your own picture. Remember that the template will shrink 70% in the oven.
3. Cut out the colored template. Leave some space at the top to create a hole with a hole punch.
4. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, lay the cut-out shapes on top, and bake at 325°F for 2-3 minutes.
The heat will cause the shapes to shrink and thicken, thus giving you your very own durable charms! Now you can use the shapes as a pendant for your keychain or as a name tag for your dog's collar.
If you want to spoil your pet even more, make them their very own DIY dog food dispenser, as seen in the bonus video.