Make Your Own DIY Herb Garden For Summer Of Seasoning
Herbs such as basil, mint, rosemary, or parsley aren't just healthy – they also give a wide array of different dishes a wonderful flavor. How practical would it be to always have your favorite fresh herbs not only on hand, but all on one shelf? Whether in your garden or on the balcony or terrace, this herb shelf can be assembled in just a few simple steps from an ordinary pallet.
- some mulch plastic
- staple gun
- various herbs
- black chalkboard paint
1. First, take the crowbar and remove the two inner wooden boards (the ones that are a bit narrower) from the top of the pallet.
2. Now turn the pallet over so that the bottom is facing up. Take the two wooden boards that you removed in the first step and nail them at a 90° angle to the boards on the bottom of the pallet. This creates four small plant troughs—comparable to small flower pots for a balcony.
3. Paint the front of the construction with black chalkboard paint as needed. Here's where you'll be able to write which herbs you plant later on.
4. Once you've set up your pallet (with the plant troughs facing up), it's time to use the mulch plastic. Slide it into each of the four troughs, press it into place and then attach it with a staple gun.
5. For the next step, fill in the space in the troughs with gravel up until about the halfway point.
6. Fill in the remaining space with soil for each of the four plant troughs.
7. And now you can plant herbs of your choice in each of the plant troughs.
8. Make sure to write the name of the herbs in chalk on the black painted area of the herb shelf.
9. Just like that your fancy homemade herb garden is done.
This quick DIY herb garden is not just extremely practical; it's also a real eye-catcher. If you want to add a bit of color, you can paint the wooden pallet or plant your favorite flowers instead of herbs. This will bring the summer to you—even on the smallest of balconies!