How To Make DIY Stained Glass Windows
Sometimes you just need to see things in a new light, and what better way to do that than to use the natural lighting in your space to create a stunning piece of art? This DIY hack is all about making the most of your windows, and what could be more impressive than a stained glass window?! They're gorgeous to look at, plus they give off beautiful multicolored light when the sun shines through them. Now you can easily make your own stained glass window by following this DIY guide!
- design template
- glass paint in multiple colors
1. First print out the following template. You might have to adjust it to the dimensions of your window.
2. If possible, remove the window from its hinges so you can lay it flat. Otherwise, you can always paint it while standing up.
3. Tape the template to the outside of the glass.
4. Use the glass paint to trace the lines on the inside of the window, then paint in the rest. Allow the lines to dry for at least 1 hour before you start filling in between. Once you're done painting the window, let the paint dry for about 24 hours. You can then put the window back in place.
Looks pretty cool, right? Almost makes it seem as though you're in some grand, opulent cathedral. It's quite the look and really can change the atmosphere of a room. If you're tired of the same old plain windows and want to spruce up your space, do yourself a favor and make this stunning DIY stained glass window!