Super easy DIY ice cream - just in time for summer!
Now is the best time to enjoy ice cream. It's also really hard to resist the ice-cold treat. It just sucks when it's scorching outside and there's no ice cream in the freezer. In this case, you can make your very own ice cream in a flash. And the best part about it is that you don't even need a freezer!
You'll need the following ingredients:
- 3/4 cup of condensed milk
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3 lbs. of ice
- 2/3 cup of salt
- 2 resealable freezer bags (one small, one large)
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
Here's what you do:
- First, add the condensed milk into the smaller of the two freezer bags.
- Now add the milk and seal the bag.
- Add the ice cubes and the salt to the larger freezer bag. The salt helps maintain the cold temperature.
- All you have to do now is put the small freezer bag inside the larger one and shake the bag for about two minutes. It can get really, really cold. You can use gloves to keep your hands warm.
- Take out the small bag from the large one, wash it off briefly so that the salt water doesn't ruin the treat inside and pour the ice cream into a bowl.
- Spruce up your ice cream with a few ingredients of your choice. This could be cream, syrup, liquor, sprinkles or nuts. Enjoy!
Of course you can tweak the ice cream any way you like. Add some fruit, yogurt or cocoa powder - do what tastes best for you. And just like that you've whipped up your own ice cream.