DIY Enchanted Fairy House Lamp
Are you constantly looking to spruce up your apartment or room with unique decoration? Do you happen to have 3 empty plastic bottles lying around? Then you've come to the right place! This awesome DIY hack turns 3 boring plastic bottles, some aluminum foil, modeling clay, and acrylic paint into a cute fairy castle that'll even glow at the end.
- 2 large plastic bottles
- 1 small plastic bottle
- hot glue gun
- aluminum foil
- modeling clay
- acrylic paint
- felt tip pen
- box cutter
- LED string lights
1. Remove the labels from the plastic bottles and cut through them with a box cutter. Make sure that all 3 bottles are different sizes.
2. Glue the 3 bottles together with a hot glue gun, with the smallest bottle hovering in the air.
3. Roll up a big piece of aluminum foil and glue it to the bottom edge of the 2 bigger bottles that are glued together.
4. Roll up a smaller piece of aluminum foil and glue it to the trimmed edge of the smaller "hovering" bottle. Seal the opening with another piece of aluminum foil.
5. Cover all 3 bottlenecks with aluminum foil.
6. Form tips out of aluminum foil and glue them to the tops of the bottles. You can really use your imagination and add as many details to your castle as you want, like a front door or a chimney. Use a piece of wire to stabilize the chimney.
7. Draw windows and doors on the bottles with a felt tip pen.
8. Cover the entire castle with modeling clay except for the previously marked windows and doors. Remember to also use the modeling clay to put in details like clapboards or larger stones in the brickwork.
9. Use a wooden stick to score the modeling clay and create details like wood grain and window and door frames.
10. Use acrylic paint to paint the castle.
11. Use watercolors to paint in details like roofs and window and door frames. Afterwards, brush them dry.
12. As a final step, drape fairy lights around the bigger bottles or just put the castle on top of some LED lights to illuminate windows and doors from inside.
It's highly unlikely that anyone who looks at this adorable castle would think it was made out of 3 plastic bottles, some aluminum foil, modeling clay, and two skilled hands. Wow your friends with this awesome DIY project and give your room a little extra pizzazz!