Brighten Up Your Living Room With A Classy Seasonal Centerpiece
Emily Brontë once mused, "Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree." Well, the following DIY project takes plenty of inspiration from the English wordsmith's famous quote to bring an abundance of bliss to your very own living room. It's time to get collecting those leaves!
- some leaves
- two plexiglass sheets
- a picture frame
- a string light
- wax paper
- aluminum foil
- spray adhesive
- aluminum tape
- double-sided tape
- a thick book and paper
1. Collect some leaves from the street or your garden and place them between two sheets of paper in a thick book. This process will press the leaves flat and dry them out. This will take about a week.
2. Once a week has passed, it's time to make your light box. You'll first need two plexiglass sheets that fit into the picture frame.
Spray one of the sheets with adhesive and stick the wax paper onto it. Cut away any excess paper.
3. Place the leaves onto the wax paper and fix the second plexiglass sheet into place. To do so, apply the adhesive to the corners.
4. Now spray adhesive onto the back panel of the picture frame and stick aluminum foil to it. Cut away any excess foil.
Attach the string light to it using aluminum tape.
5. Now place the plexiglass sheets containing the leaves, the blanking frame and finally the back panel into the picture frame.
Stick the battery case for the string light to the frame's back panel using double-sided tape.
Last but not least, you'll need to find an appropriate place to hang your chic light box.
As the days grow darker, this marvelous seasonal centerpiece is the perfect addition for brightening up any living room. If you're interested in making the light box's cool counterpart featured in the bonus video, you can find the instructions here.