Put The "Super" In Supervillain With DIY Flower Pot Minions
There's always a reason to spruce up the ol' balcony or garden, especially when spring is in full bloom. Inspiration can be found everywhere, but the internet, in particular, is a super helpful tool to get inspired. Now, remember that movie that came out a couple of years ago called "Despicable Me?" The villain in the movie, Gru, has these little yellow henchmen called Minions. They're so popular that they even spawned their own film and you can find Minion merch in just about every shape and form nowadays. If you're also riding the Minon wave, check out this DIY project. We're using 10 flower pots to make flower pot Minions that are a total eye-catcher on your balcony or in your garden!
- 8 small flower pots
- 2 large flower pots
- yellow, blue, black, and red paint
- hot glue gun
1. First paint 6 small flower pots yellow. Paint the bottom rim on two of the pots black.
2. Glue 3 flower pots together so that they're stacked up and there's 2 yellow flower pots on top and one with a black rim at the bottom.
3. Paint 2 more small flower pots blue. Paint the rim black as well.
4. Turn one of the big flower pots upside down and paint the upper edge yellow. Put some tape over the yellow paint and then paint the rest of the pot blue.
5. Paint overalls on the flower pot. This pot will be the body of the minion.
6. Paint another large flower pot completely yellow. This one's going to be the head.
7. Use a paintbrush to draw the typical minion face on the flower pot. Make sure that the open end of the pot is at the top.
8 Now pull a cord through the flower pot that's supposed to be the body. Also thread the 3 yellow flower pots onto the cord. Make sure that the flower pot with the black rim is at the bottom. Tie the cord so that the pots don't slide down. Do the same thing on the other side of the cord with a small blue flower pot. Repeat this process with another cord and the remaining flower pots. Now you've got legs and arms!
9. Use a hot glue gun to glue the head to the body and you have your own personal minion for your garden or balcony. Give him a cool hairdo by planting flowers in his head.
Don't these look cute? These Minions make for totally unique flower pots, and they're a ton of fun to make. Plus, your neighbors will probably appreciate them, too!
Get the instructions for the Flower Pot Windmill featured in the bonus video here.