Make Your Own Dreamy Cloud Lampshade
There are many beautiful lamps out there; the catch is you usually have to pay extortionate prices to get them. But it doesn't have to be that way. Instead, you can create a gorgeous lamp with basic material in a few simple steps. The result: a fairytale ambience in your very own home.
- 3 paper lampshades
- hot glue gun
- LED strip light
- cotton batting
1. Unfold the paper lampshades and place them in a row at a slight offset as shown in the photo. Now glue them together using the hot glue gun.
2. The next step is to poke some small holes in the lampshades so you can thread the light strip through all three of them.
3. Now you can start adding the cotton batting step by step. First put a large amount of glue on the lampshade and then stick a clump of batting to it.
4. Continue doing this until all the lampshades are covered.
5. Now you can hang your new "cloud light" from the ceiling and enjoy the ambience.
This video shows the whole process in more detail:
Forget counting sheep, now you can drift off to sleep under the atmospheric light of your new cloud lamp. These unique creations are perfect as party decorations, night-lights for children's bedrooms or as hanging lanterns for the backyard. But if you do use them outside, make sure to put them in a covered area. Have fun!