Upcycle A Plastic Bottle Into A Garden Fairy House
Are you looking to spruce up your backyard, garden, terrace, or balcony with a magical decoration? Would you also like to upcycle some old supplies you have lying around? This DIY project will let you kill two birds with one stone by turning an old plastic jug into an enchanting fairy house!
- 1 XXL plastic jug (2-3 gallon bottle)
- craft glue
- 1 paper plate
- 2 short twigs
- small decorative door
- decorative figures and door
1. Cut off the bottom of the bottle and discard of it – you'll only need the top.
2. Draw the outline of a front door on the bottom edge of the plastic bottle and draw a round window up top, slightly off to the side.
3. Apply wet cement around the lower portion of the bottle and stick the pebbles to it, making sure to leave the door area free of pebbles.
4. Stick moss in between the pebbles.
5. Cut out the inner part of a paper plate so only the rim is left.
6. Place the paper plate rim around the top of the plastic bottle.
7. Cut out the round window near the top of the bottle, apply wet cement around it, and arrange the pebbles around the paper plate rim, window edge, and the rest of the upper portion of the bottle.
8. Cover the bottle neck with wet cement to make it look like a chimney.
9. Tie two twigs together with twine and fasten them in place over the round window with wet cement.
10. Decorate the upper part of the bottle with moss.
11. Decorate the house with a decorative figures and a door.