3 DIY Hacks To Keep You Warm This Winter
It's starting to get really cold outside and there's no warmer weather in sight until the spring. In addition to piling on the down jackets and wool socks, there are plenty of other clever tricks you can make use of to keep warm this winter, like these 3 hacks to help protect you against the cold.
1. Hand Warmer
- 1 old sock
- textile markers (optional)
1. First, cut the old (but hopefully clean) sock just below the heel into two parts. Fill half of the closed part with rice using a funnel.
2. Tie up the sock with some string using a double knot. You can also decorate your hand warmer using textile markers if you so wish. Now, it's time to heat up your little hand warmer. Heat it in the microwave for about one minute. Bear in mind that the perfect time for heating the hand warmer depends on the size of the little sack and the microwave. You can now keep the sock in your pockets and use it as a hand warmer when you're out and about.
2. Warming Tea
- 28 fl oz water
- juice from 1 lemon
- juice from 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 black tea bags
1. It's very easy to make a tasty winter drink that'll help build up your body's defenses. First, pour the water into a pot before adding the lemon juice, orange juice, honey, cloves, and cinnamon. Leave everything to boil and then take the pot off the heat. Next, add the tea bags and leave them to infuse for several minutes. To finish, pour the mixture through a sieve into a pitcher.
2. Your winter warmer is now ready. Delicious!
3. Breathe Easy Cubes
- 2.5 oz baking powder
- 4.5 oz corn starch
- 5 tbsp vapor rub
- 2-3 tbsp water
- ice cube tray
1. This hack is intended for people feeling under the weather or suffering from a cold — our breathe easy cubes can work wonders. First mix the baking powder, cornstarch, vapor rub, and water in a bowl and knead everything into a paste using your hands. Now transfer this paste to the ice cube tray and place it in the freezer for several hours.
2. Take a cube from the tray the next time you shower and place it in a place where it'll definitely get wet. The essences released will free up your airways and help you feel human again. Now doesn't that feel better!
Whether it's keeping your hands warm, building up your defenses, or combating colds, all these tricks are super easy to do. Hopefully, they'll help leave you feeling warm this winter!