Make Your Own Hand-Shaped Flower Pot
The prettiest flowers can't truly be shown off when they have to "live" in boring pots or bowls. Of course, it's best if you have a unique container for them. If you intend to keep plants outside, you have to make sure you use something that is both durable and weather-resistant. In the tutorial below, you'll learn how to make a wonderfully individual garden decoration all by yourself.
- latex gloves
1. Put some cement in a bucket.
2. Mix 1 part cement to 3 parts water and 3 parts sand, mixing very well to create wet cement.
3. Put the cement to the side and take a jar that is not too small and has a large opening. Put a latex glove into the glass and pull the edge over the rim of the glass so that it's secure. Now fill the glove with cement.
4. Take the glove out and carefully place it to the side. Repeat the whole process with the other glove.
5. Next, take a large glass bowl and place plastic wrap over it.
6. Add the gloves filled with wet cement into the bowl—ideally right next to one another. Make sure that the gloves are filled equally. If you want them to dry together at the end, you can cut a hole in the palm of the glove and squeeze out a bit of the cement. The hands should then be placed a little bit above each other.
7. Now the gloves will need 24 hours to dry.
8. Then you can take a knife and cut off the latex from the hands completely.
9. And voilà! This is how your hand will look at the end.
And your hands will hold their own beautiful flair once you plant them in your garden. Very simple. Not everyone has such an awesome flower pot.
In the video below, you can watch the whole process.
No matter how many you make, each one will be a one-of-a-kind piece! Just give it a try and you'll definitely get lots of amazed looks from your friends.