Here's a great way to brighten up your home or garden using leaves
Simplicity, beauty and originality. These are the words to describe this decoration project that could win the award for "the easiest to make."
- one leaf (this example used a large leaf)
1. Put the sand on top of a plastic sheet.
2. Stretch the leaf on the sand to create a concave shape.
3. Then put the previously prepared cement (in this case, we've chosen to add color to make it green, but you can decide to paint the piece just at the end). The best alternative is ShapeCrete, a concrete mixture. You can adapt the consistency of clay by adjusting the amount of water you add.
4. Press it down so it's an even thickness.
5. Cover with plastic sheet for 24 hours.
6. If the leaf is caught in its mold, let it dry and then remove any excess leaf using a stiff brush.
7. Done! You now have a beautiful leaf that you can use to decorate your home.
Watch the following video for a step-by-step guide:
It's beautiful! This simple project can also be done in just a couple of minutes. Any fresh, large and natural leaf can be transformed into a decorative dish with incredible detail. It can be used as a fruit bowl or an ornamental piece in the garden. Try it for yourself!