Sweet Bread With A Gorgeous Hidden Pattern
Hardly any animal is more elite than a proud wildcat. Therefore, tiger and leopard patterns are an absolute hit. Whether on clothing, mobile phone cases, or fingernails, the proud animal print pops up again and again. If you've always wanted to have this gorgeous pattern on your plate, then look no further!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 and 1/8 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 and 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Bring the milk, vanilla extract, salt, and corn starch together in a pot over a medium heat until it become a thick mass. Then remove it immediately from the stove and add the butter. Stir until combined. Allow the mixture to cool in a bowl for around 30 minutes.
- Knead the cooled mixture together with the flour, sugar, and yeast into an elastic dough.
- Halve the dough and put one half to the side. Halve the second half again.
- In a second bowl, knead together 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp milk, and one of the smaller dough halves.
- Then in a 3rd bowl, for the dark dough, combine 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp milk, and the other small dough half.
- Cover all dough balls and let sit at room temperature for 90 minutes.
- Roll each of the 3 dough balls into 7 smaller, equally-sized marbles - 21 balls in total.
- Roll the 7 light brown balls into logs of the same length. Do the same with the dark brown dough and then roll the dark brown dough flat with a rolling pin. At the end, the dark brown dough should be exactly the same length as the light brown but flat. Now wrap the light brown logs in the dark dough. If you don't do this perfectly, it looks even better at the end.
- Now wrap these rolls in the white dough.
- Place all of the logs in a greased baking tin. Press them all together to form one dough, or even over one another so that at the end it doesn't look too symmetric.
- Cover the tin and allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in size. Before baking, brush the bread with milk. Bake for around 40 minutes at 340°F. After cooling, be careful removing your bread from the tin.
- Once cut the milk-bread exudes its leopard magic.
Cut your bread and reveal the leopard magic! Regardless of what your friends bake in the future, once you've served this bread, you'll remain the baking champion. Meow!!