Snowflake Decorations For Christmasy Windows
When the last of the leaves have been blown from the trees by the icy wind and everything is coated in a white sheet of frost or even snow, it's time to make things cozy inside your own 4 walls. But why stop at the walls? Windows are also great places for decorations, and with this simple idea, you can add some beautiful snowflakes to your view of the winter landscape!
- snowflake template printouts
- parchment paper
- hot glue gun
- spray paint
1. Print out various snowflake templates and tape a sheet of baking paper on top of them. If you have the talent and patience, you can also draw your own designs.
2. Slowly trace the snowflake shape with the hot glue gun.
3. Add a bit of glitter to your snowflake.
4. Spray paint it in the color of your choice.
5. When the glue is dry, you should be able to easily remove it from the the parchment paper.
6. Now that you've seen how easy they are to make you'll probably want to make a whole blizzard's worth. Go for it! The more the merrier. After all, one little snowflake on a big window looks a bit lonely, doesn't it?
You can see all the steps in more detail in this video:
You can also use this technique to create all sorts of different winter and Christmas decorations. Frosty the Snowman? Santa? Why not?! Let your creativity flow. And when it starts getting warmer outside you can simply take them down, wrap them in plastic wrap and put them away until next winter. Try it out and enjoy some winter crafting fun!