Get In The Holiday Spirit With A Homemade Advent Calendar
Can you believe there's only one month left until Christmas Eve? Regardless of whether you've been naughty or nice, everyone deserves a way to celebrate the holidays, and the best way to count down the days until Santa makes his annual visit is with a DIY advent calendar. These also make excellent pre-Christmas gifts for all the people in your life who appreciate a good homemade present.
- 24 toilet paper rolls
- wrapping paper
- tissue paper
- wooden skewers
1. First flatten the toilet paper roll and glue wrapping paper to it. Fold in the excess wrapping paper and glue it to the inside of the roll.
2. Cut a piece of tissue paper the same width as the flattened roll and glue it to the inside of one side of the roll, making sure to leave a bit sticking out.
3. Take a wooden skewer and cut it down to about 3 inches (8 cm). Place it flush with the edge of the toilet paper roll, fold the tissue paper over it, and glue the tissue paper to the other side of the roll. Repeat Steps #1-3 until you have 24 pieces.
4. After you have 24 pieces, put them all together, and connect them on both sides with the string.
5. Label the cardboard holders from #1-24 in the upper ocorners.
6. Just below the opening, make a hole on both sides of the cardboard and thread a piece of string through it. Fill the containers with small sweets and then tie them up.
Now you can officially let the festivities begin!
If you're looking for more Christmas arts and crafts projects, learn how to make the Christmas tree advent calendar featured in the bonus video here, and learn how to make an advent calendar house here.