How to build your own stylish storage bench
When it's time to get some new furniture, most of us head out to the local furniture store. These days, there aren't many people who would go to the trouble of making their own home furnishings. But what if it really wasn't that much trouble at all? As you'll see in this video, creating a stylish piece of furniture to spice up your home decor is actually a lot easier than you'd think...
- 2 boards approx. 4 ft x 1 ft each
- 4 casters (including screws)
- 2 wooden crates
- wood glue
- Attach the casters to the corners of one of the boards.
- Glue the crates to the board with the casters.
- Glue the other board to the top of the crates.
- Your storage bench is basically done. All you need to do now is paint it and add some cushions and storage boxes.
The "IKEA effect" is the idea that we love our furniture more when we put it together ourselves. If there's anything to it, you'll fall head over heels for your new storage bench when it's finished!