12 stroller tricks for parents at home and on the go
When you have kids, this always pops up at some point: in most cases you set up the stroller and suddenly mom, dad, uncles, aunts, grandma, grandpa and friends, all want a turn "behind the wheel. " Such vehicles have their difficulties though, so here are 12 clever tricks for making your life with the stroller a lot simpler:
1. Is your stroller difficult to set up? If so, use colored stickers to mark the knobs and handles in the correct order.
2. If you lose your baby's milk bottle in your bag and it then spills everywhere, it can be a bit of a nightmare. But an old plastic shoe holder can help you out of a jam: simply cut off a few...
… attach some self-adhesive velcro to them and stick them to the inside of the stroller. Now your bottles will remain securely in place.
3. Is the handle on your stroller slowly wearing out? One solution is to use tennis grip tape. The tape is incredibly stable, feels comfortable to touch and lasts long.
4. After shopping with the little one in the stroller, you can often find yourself with too many bags and not enough free hands. To combat this problem, simply attach a carabiner hook to the handle and you can hang all your bags from there.
5. Does your stroller tilt back under the weight of all the bags that you've just hung from the handle? Well, here's another great solution: simply attach your old hand and wrist cuff-weights to the front wheels of the stroller and you'll have the perfect counterweight for your groceries.
6. Does your stroller take up too much space in your trunk? All you need is two belts that you can attach to the headrest.
Then you can strap your stroller to the back seats and allow more space for your groceries.
7. It's not just in the car where your stroller is taking up too much space; it may also be a trip hazard in your garage or cellar. So why not use a hook to hang it over a door? Now the stroller is always easily accessible and doesn't take up space.
8. If the stroller gets dirty, you can clean it with some washing up detergent. Then spray it off with the garden hose and leave it to dry in the sun.
Tip: If your dishwashing detergent is ecological, then your little ones can help clean. I mean, who doesn't want to wash their own baby Ferrari, like the grown-ups do?
9. If the sun visor on the stroller is too short, then the answer is easy and brilliant: throw a breathable towel over the stroller and fix it in place with a crocodile clip.
10. If the wheels on the stroller are getting a bit worn and barely have any grip on the road, then tie a few cable ties around them. They'll act as tread, so no terrain will be a problem for you and your baby.
11. If you have to park your stroller somewhere, then secure it with a flexible bike lock. This will ensure that it doesn't get stolen.
12. If you go jogging with your stroller or are out and about in the early morning or evening, then you should make sure it's clearly visible to traffic. This is why we recommend that you attach strips of adhesive reflector tape to it so that you can be seen easily.
Tip: If you want to keep your children entertained in the stroller, then you can also add on a battery-powered LED light chain — your children will love this and it provides additional visibility.
Watch the following video for a step-by-step guide...
One last tip: these awesome tricks don't just work for parents but also for uncles, aunts, grandpas, grandmas and all other potential babysitters that can make use of these helpful ideas.