How To Make A Ski Gondola Advent Calendar With Tea Boxes
December is almost here, and you know what that means – it's time to break out the advent calendars! But instead of buying a generic, cookie-cutter one from the store, why not make something extra special this year? This advent calendar, which resembles a cozy winter ski gondola, is sure to put you in the Christmas spirit and feed your sweet tooth all at the same time!
- 25 tea boxes
- box cutter
- red spray paint
- glue stick
- decorative ribbon
- 25 wires
- 50 brass fasteners
- 25 number cards
1. Completely unfold each tea box without damaging the tabs.
2. Spray paint each tea box and let them dry.
3. Draw 6 rectangles on the tea boxes with a pen, as shown in the video.
4. Cut out all the rectangles with a box cutter.
5. Run a glue stick over the edges.
6. Glue the tea boxes back together.
7. Glue a decorative ribbon around the bottom of the box.
8. Draw two dots on the underside of the tea boxes.
9. Use the box cutter to cut holes in the dots.
10. Bend the wires as shown in the video.
11. Attach the wires to the gondolas with the help of brass fasteners.
12. Unfold the brass fasteners inside the boxes.
13. Cover the gondola roofs with number cards.
14. Fill the gondolas with candy, hang them on twine, and arrange them in a decorative setting.
What a special advent calendar, and definitely not something you'll find in the store! You can find the instructions for the DIY Advent Calendar Tree featured in the bonus video here.