Make Memories Last With Wood Prints Of Your Favorite Photos
For weeks, that empty space on the wall in your living room has been staring at you and you still have no idea what you want to put there. Sure, you can just buy a run-of-the-mill picture at the store or hang up the pictures you took on your last vacation in a boring picture frame. But we recommend creating a truly one-of-a-kind wood print in just a few simple steps.
- wax paper
- letter-size sheet of paper
- wood that matches the size of the photo you choose
- Stick a sheet of wax paper on a letter-size sheet of paper with tape. Make sure that the tape does not reach into the area that is going to be printed. It's best to stick it on lengthwise to the edge of the sheet.
- Then print the photo onto the wax paper, not the letter-size sheet. Pay careful attention when you put the paper in your printer! The sheet is meant to be an underlay so that the thin wax paper can be pulled through the printer.
- Now, using a brush, coat the piece of wood with plenty of sunscreen - regardless of whether it is a board or a decorative cross-section of a tree.
- Lay the printed side of the wax paper onto the wood (the letter-size sheet can now be removed) and rub it vigorously with a ruler all over the backside (but not so vigorously that the paper rips).
- Leave the picture out for 10 minutes. The image will be transferred to the wood. Then peel off the wax paper from the wood. Done!
If that's not an eye-catcher, then I don't know what is! The wood imparts the pictures with a charming, rustic, used look that is totally in right now. By the way, you can even use expired sunscreen and the sad empty living room wall will finally be a thing of the past.